1. Dogwood (Cornus Florida): Dogwood trees are small and easy to manage, growing up to 20-30 feet. They have beautiful flowers in spring that can be white, pink, or red and vibrant fall foliage. They also provide a habitat for birds.
2. Red Maple (Acer Rubrum): It’s an easy tree to grow and does well in sunny or partially shady areas. The Red Maple provides plenty of shade with its dense crown and offers a beautiful display of colors during every season.
3. Eastern Redbud (Cercis Canadensis): A compact tree with beautiful pink blossoms in early spring and heart-shaped leaves that turn yellow in the fall. It attracts butterflies and hummingbirds, enhancing the biodiversity of your backyard.
4. Paper Birch (Betula Papyrifera): This tree is known for its unique white bark, making it a great choice for adding winter interest to your landscape. It also provides shade and attracts various birds.
5. Honey Locust (Gleditsia Triacanthos): A fast-growing, drought-resistant tree that provides light dappled shade which allows grass and other plants to grow beneath it. Also, it has tiny leaflets allowing easy yard cleanup in the fall.
6. Apple Tree (Malus Domestica): This is both ornamental and useful as it can provide delicious fruit for you to eat depending on the variety chosen. Apple trees also offer lovely spring blossoms.
7. Southern Magnolia (Magnolia Grandiflora): With its large glossy leaves and large fragrant flowers during summer months, this tree is an excellent choice for aesthetic purposes and privacy due their dense growth habit.
8. Tulip Tree (Liriodendron Tulipifera): Known for their tulip-like flowers that bloom in spring, these are great ornamental trees that also provide shade due their large size.
9. Black Walnut (Juglans Nigra): This is a large shade tree that also produces walnuts. The foliage creates a beautiful yellow canopy in the fall.
10. Colorado Blue Spruce (Picea Pungens): This is an evergreen tree great for privacy and windbreaks due to its dense growth. It also gives color throughout the year and provides shelter for birds during winter.