1. Equipment and Installation: Understand what kind of equipment comes with the system. This may include door and window sensors, motion detectors, security cameras, alarms etc. Check if the installation is DIY or requires professional help.
2. Monitoring Services: Look if the system offers round-the-clock monitoring services to contact emergency services immediately in the case of a security breach.
3. Mobile Access: Modern security systems allow you to monitor and control your home security from your smartphone, giving you more functionality and convenience.
4. Customer Support: Ensure that the company offers good customer support for any queries or issues that might arise during usage.
5. Cost: Consider both upfront costs like installation and equipment as well as ongoing costs such as monthly fees for monitoring services.
6. Brand Reputation: Qualified home security systems are often produced by brands with a solid reputation in the market. Check customer reviews and ratings to know about their experiences.
7. Integration with Smart Home Devices: If you have smart devices at home (like smart locks, lights etc.), consider a system that can be integrated with these devices for enhanced automation and control.
8. Customization: Choose a system that allows flexibility according to your specific needs – like adding more sensors or cameras.
9. Contract Details: Carefully read about contract length, cancellation fees, moving policies etc., before signing up.
10. Battery Backup & Power Outages Management: Your system should have some sort of backup to keep it running even in power outages.
Remember that investing in a good quality home security system can offer peace of mind knowing your home is protected.